[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Reminder: Share Current Views on String Similarity Review Hybrid Model

Satish Babu sbabu at ieee.org
Mon Oct 10 13:37:59 UTC 2022

Dear all

The ALAC Team supports the proposed Hybrid Model for String Similarity
Review on the basis that:

   1. There is a need to adopt a cautious and conservative approach for the
   String Similarity review process.
   2. The proposed Hybrid Model reflects a conservative approach that can
   help mitigate the two types of failure modes (denial of service and
   misconnection), and thereby promotes good user experience; yet does not
   call for excessive computational and evaluative complexity (by not
   comparing blocked variants of one TLD with the blocked variants of another).

We are, however, open to considering refinements that would help reduce
complexity in computation/ evaluation without diminishing the mitigatory
goal of the Hybrid Model.

With kind regards

satish