[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Reminder: Share Current Views on String Similarity Review Hybrid Model

Emmanuel Vitus emmanuelvitus at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 20:15:01 UTC 2022

Dear all,
See below the  NCSG’s  position regarding IDN EPDP Small Group Hybrid Model
Recommendation on String Similarity Basis for Comparison for gTLD labels
and corresponding variant labels

*1- We think that  the proposal of the small group is a practical one and
backed by fact. 2- The findings clearly shows that there is a real
possibility to miss confusable strings if the applied for TLD was not
compared against (a) its blocked variants (b) existing TLDs and their
allocatable and blocked variants (c) other applied for TLDs and their
allocatable and blocked variants.3- A blocked variant of the request for
TLD cannot be allocated, therefore we agree with the group's recommendation
that it should not be used to compare against blocked variants of other
TLDs. Only applied for and allocatable strings should be used.*

Looking forward to reading recommendations from other stakeholder groups at
the upcoming meeting.
King regards,
Emmanuel Vitus