[Gnso-epdp-idn-team] Updated Phase 2 Draft Text

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Mon Nov 13 20:38:37 UTC 2023

Dear All,

Following our second reading of the draft text, staff have updated this google doc based on the agreement from the team: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UrrckzbPNL1Z8fUtH5Q5WqUWglxbD-SbihX8o8Vslv8/edit The plan is to go through these updates for any final comments during the upcoming meeting this week, before we move onto new topics in the F2F workshop.

I would like to highlight the following update to facilitate your review:

  1.  Overarching update:
     *   the term “activate/activation/activated” is now used consistently throughout the document, replacing terms such as “allocate/allocated” and “register/registered” after a case-by-case review
     *   the term “together” is now used to replace the terms “simultaneously” and “at the same time” in the context of inter-registrar transfer
  2.  New Text: C3 Response (pp.10-11), C3a Response (p.12), and D5 Response (pp.21-22) were developed as a result of the ICANN78 working session
  3.  Recommendation 5 Rationale: New text around the source domain name (pp.13-15) was added as a result of ICANN78 discussion
  4.  Recommendation 6 Rationale: New text around “Pending Deletion” (p.17) was developed following last week’s call
  5.  Recommendation 7 Rationale: The last paragraph (p.19) regarding the circumstances where the integrity of the set may be compromised was revised to align with Transfer Policy language

We understand the time for review is short, and would appreciate if you could include any comment or suggest edits ahead of the call. If it is not feasible, we can go through the update during the call on Thursday.

Thank you all!
Ariel