[Gnso-epdp-team] High-level meeting summary and action items from EPDP Team meeting - 1 August 2018

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Fri Aug 3 15:34:27 UTC 2018


Action item #2 from the 1 Aug call is to provide the prepared written statement introducing respective groups.  Here is the RySG introduction statement:

The Registries Stakeholder Group’s goal is to participate actively and in good faith towards a consensus policy that addresses the questions set forth in the EPDP Charter. The RySG believes that any consensus policy developed by the EPDP must provide a clear path for compliance with the GDPR, be commercially reasonable and implementable, takes into account our differing business models, and does not inhibit innovation.

Thank you,

Marc Anderson (RySG)

From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Caitlin Tubergen
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2018 8:41 PM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [Gnso-epdp-team] High-level meeting summary and action items from EPDP Team meeting - 1 August 2018

Dear All,

Below, please find a high-level summary from today’s EPDP Team Meeting. For more detailed notes, please refer to the wiki page: https://go.icann.org/2n9gcBf [go.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__go.icann.org_2n9gcBf&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8K75qGdDlOta4kh6k2F0jrT195M3tF3J_Fxcz6EvuG2kYKDeA67ZTEnthHXAPVXH&m=TvBUmmP8c7TYHOsNs-Mdp8YAzs4GT7UZ-aapuoatcH8&s=IG2wuFd4QSgOZBSTzdWk3PpICZswLQhAk93j7-fCD0A&e=>

As a reminder, our next meeting will be Tuesday, 7 August, 13:00UTC.

Best regards,

Marika, Berry, and Caitlin

EPDP Team Meeting #1 – 1 August 2018

Meeting Summary

In this summary:

*       “Team Members” and the “Team” are the meeting participants representing ICANN’s stakeholder groups, constituencies and advisory committees.
*       The “Support Team” is the ICANN staff members supporting this group.
*       The “Chair” is the Chair or Vice Chair acting as Chair.

Most important actions from today’s meeting:

1.      For contribution to the “triage” document, Team Members will complete Part 1 of the (now distributed) survey - one survey response per group. Due date: 19:00UTC, August 6.
2.      The Team Members prepared statements to introduce their respective groups. To preserve that thought product, each team member who prepared a written statement will mail it to gnso-secs at icann.org<mailto:gnso-secs at icann.org>. Each team member that made an oral statement can send a written version to the same address. In the latter case, please use the transcript as the starting point as there should be little or no edits or embellishments to the original statement. Due: 8 August.
3.      The Chair will advise the GNSO Council leadership that, pending the receipt of one comment from the Team, Rafik Dammak was confirmed as Vice Chair and that, a replacement for his role in reporting complaints about the team leadership to the Council should be replaced. Due date: August 3
4.      All EPDP Team members and alternates to review the statement of participation and reflect on these items. Due date: August 3.

Major discussion points in addition to the action items:

*       An “early Input” request has been mailed to Supporting Organization and Advisory Committee leaders. Replies are due in 21 days. The Early Input request is a PDP requirement but is, in this case, largely redundant with the Survey that has been distributed to the Team, where the Team and the Early Input distribution has essentially the same breadth of distribution.
*       The Charter deliverables are, in order (see, https://community.icann.org/x/0opHBQ [community.icann.org]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_0opHBQ&d=DwMFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8K75qGdDlOta4kh6k2F0jrT195M3tF3J_Fxcz6EvuG2kYKDeA67ZTEnthHXAPVXH&m=TvBUmmP8c7TYHOsNs-Mdp8YAzs4GT7UZ-aapuoatcH8&s=Pt0NZNQXZql1XHFx3bqyg4lz7k6x2UT6depdzR_No-k&e=>) We plan to deliver the first two prior to the Barcelona meeting but have identified possible schedule slack time so that, if an extension is needed, we might be able to extend the delivery.

   i.   Triage
   ii.  Initial Report: Temporary Specification
   iii. Initial Report: Access

*       The Chair reviewed a speaking-order methodology for issue discussion at meetings. There was general support although it was recognized that the process of consensus-building remains complex and must be respected.
*       The Chair reviewed plans to possibly engage with mediation expertise. There was not time for discussion on the matter and more information would be provided for discussion before decisions were made in that regard.
*       Meetings will occur on Tuesday and Thursday at 13:00UTC. The next meeting is 7 August, 13:00UTC. We are planning a face-to-face meeting in mid to late September, potentially in Los Angeles to simplify logistics but ability of the Team to travel there will be weighed. A schedule for the ICANN Barcelona meeting was reviewed.
*       The plan for developing the Triage report was reviewed (and is now launched).

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/attachments/20180803/f3105b36/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Gnso-epdp-team mailing list