[Gnso-epdp-team] IPC's Introduction Statement

Alex Deacon alex at colevalleyconsulting.com
Sat Aug 4 01:40:25 UTC 2018

Hi All,

As requested here is the (or something close to the) intro statement of the
IPC I made on our first call.

My name is Alex Deacon. Both myself and Diane will be representing the IPC
in this EPDP.  Diane is an experienced IP lawyer and expert in matters
relating to privacy including the GDPR. As for myself my experience is in
internet technology policy and Infrastructure including DNS, authentication
authorization identity and encryption.   Diane and I bring set of skills
that is not only wide and deep but also relevant to the task at hand.

Our goals here are simple.  It is to participate actively, constructively
and respectfully toward the definition of an consensus policy for a global
RDS system that meets the needs of the IP community in a GDPR compliant
way.

Lastly, and to repeat something Diane eloquently said in her intro to the
list yesterday, we both look forward to listening, learning, contributing
and working collaboratively with the team to find solutions that achieve
the important mission of this group.

Thanks!
Alex

--