[Gnso-epdp-team] For review by Sunday 18 November - updated version of Initial Report

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Fri Nov 16 19:12:03 UTC 2018

Dear EPDP Team,

Please find hereby the ‘hopefully almost final’ version of the Initial Report for your review:

  *   Redline: https://drive.google.com/a/icann.org/file/d/15fRRL_ORRkspHI9HVNP3v3Zrpz-WBlAx/view?usp=sharing
  *   Clean: https://drive.google.com/a/icann.org/file/d/1UOJZmbj99FjTRheqH2K-HKwp_Xxl31Nh/view?usp=sharing

As you will see, with the inclusion of the data element workbooks and the preliminary recommendations & questions in the executive summary, the report has become pretty lengthy (127 pages). To facilitate review by the community, you could consider making the report downloadable in separate parts, for example, by having the executive summary available for separate download and/or making the data element workbooks a separate download.

As you review this latest version, please focus your input on any aspects that need to be updated as they are either insufficiently clear for the reader, incorrect or not reflecting accurately who is in support of a certain position. Please try to avoid reopening issues that have already been extensively discussed (you may consider starting a separate list of items that the EPDP Team should turn its attention to after the Initial Report has been published?). We hope that this version addresses all comments submitted to date and issues recently discussed, but if we’ve missed something, please also add this to the google doc comment form: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SoNTnvvadNQ8nX_-OxN4mtsd-gfLNxT54GXSXyGQwEQ/edit?ts=5bead3ba.

As you add your comments to the google doc form, please be specific about which change you are proposing. Also, as you refer to the line number, please make clear whether this concerns the redline or clean version. Please submit your comments in the google doc table (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SoNTnvvadNQ8nX_-OxN4mtsd-gfLNxT54GXSXyGQwEQ/edit?ts=5bead3ba) by Sunday 18 November, end of day, at the latest.

Thank you,

Caitlin, Berry and Marika

Marika Konings
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>

Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.