[Gnso-epdp-team] Draft Letter to EDPB

Thomas Rickert epdp at gdpr.ninja
Tue Nov 27 13:58:02 UTC 2018

Hi Kurt,
I really enjoyed the „time off“, but unfortunately it was not without GDPR, but GDPR for clients and not for the EPDP :-).

Thanks for sharing the draft letter. I think it is a good starting point for a discussion, but I would not endorse sending it in its current form for two reasons:

1. We should discuss as a team what areas we want to get input on.

The „legal basis for escrow“ point - to me - is not relevant enough to bother the EDPB with. I would rather bring purpose 2 and the question of a joint controller scenario to the attention of the EDPB.

2. We need to write more

We need to offer more background information to the EDPB. On natural vs. legal or the designation of third parties, we really need to put flesh to the bones and describe both the operational realities as well as the legal implications for the different scenarios more. The EDPB needs to be fed with all information relevant to their decision. We cannot expect them to know things or do research.

Best,
Thomas