[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team meeting #18 Tuesday 9 October at 13.00 UTC
marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Oct 8 14:29:32 UTC 2018
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next EPDP Team meeting which is scheduled for Tuesday 9 October at 13.00 UTC.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
EPDP Meeting #18 Agenda
Tuesday, 9 October 2018
1. Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)
2. Welcome and Updates from EPDP Team Chair (5 minutes)
* Additional travel support for ICANN63
* Request for independent legal counsel to assist the EPDP
* Lawful basis memo – any other input that should be recorded in the latest version?
* ICANN63 High Interest Topic Session Planning
* Review of outstanding action items
* Other updates, if applicable
1. Review outstanding questions in relation to charter question c) Transfer of data from Registrar to Registry (blue signifies has not been discussed yet):
* c1) What data should registrars be required to transfer to the registry?
* c2) What data is required to fulfill the purpose of a registry registering and resolving a domain name?
* c3) What data is transferred to the registry because it is necessary to deliver the service of fulfilling a domain registration versus other legitimate purposes as outlined in part (a) above?
* c4) Is there a legal reason why registrars should not be required to transfer data to the registries, in accordance with previous consensus policy on this point?
* c5) Should registries have the option to require contact data or not?
* c6) Is there a valid purpose for the registrant contact data to be transferred to the registry, or should it continue to reside at the registrar?
(note: the two highlighted in blue are the primary focus of today’s discussion, but the others are related and should be used to provide context to the transfer topic as necessary)
Objective of discussion:
(1) Review outstanding charter questions and review data elements workbook for purpose A with focus on what data elements need to be transferred from registrar to registry
(2) Agree on data elements needed to be transferred as well as responses to outstanding charter questions
* Review data elements workbook for Purpose A
* Deliberate on outstanding questions
* Agree on proposed response to charter questions
1. Update on status of remaining data elements workbooks & open items
Objective of discussion:
(1) Confirm status of data elements workbooks
(2) Identify volunteers to address any open items
* Review status of remaining data elements workbooks & open items
* Identify volunteers to address any open items & confirm timeline
1. Wrap and confirm next meeting to be scheduled for Thursday 11 October at 13.00 UTC.
* Confirm action items
* Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team