[Gnso-epdp-team] FW: [Ext] Re: [GNSO-EPDP-Lead] Purpose B Small Team

Thomas Rickert epdp at gdpr.ninja
Wed Oct 17 15:11:58 UTC 2018

Hi Benedict, Volker and all,
Thanks for the suggested language, Benedict.

I think this really needs to be discussed with the entire team.

Given ICANN’s limited mandate, the purpose needs to be tied to the scope of the bylaws.

Notwithstanding that, contracted parties could claim to pursue such purpose and base their own processing on that, so I think we need to discuss this and have a clear demarcation between what ICANN’s role is and what interests the contracted parties might pursue.

Best
Thomas