[Gnso-epdp-team] Next face-to-face meeting

Matt Serlin matt at brandsight.com
Mon Oct 29 13:07:10 UTC 2018

Rather than providing my personal availability (other than to say January would be preferred), I would just say that I trust the leadership team to schedule the meeting at the time and place which will work best for the majority of the team and that is feasible for the ICANN meetings team.

I’m sure it will be impossible to get a time and location that works for everyone, but hopefully with the support of all the alternates we can have broad representation whenever and wherever we end up.


From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of Alan Woods <alan at donuts.email>
Date: Monday, October 29, 2018 at 6:50 AM
To: Thomas Rickert <epdp at gdpr.ninja>
Cc: "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org" <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: Re: [Gnso-epdp-team] Next face-to-face meeting

Since we are all providing unavailbilities, I am unavailable the week of the 21st Jan.

Agreed that January generally would be better than December, and I would agree that an EMEA location may be best all considering.


On Mon 29 Oct 2018 at 11:17, Thomas Rickert <epdp at gdpr.ninja> wrote:
Hi Kurt, all,
Let me join those who are in favor of holding a meeting in Jan. I have a commitment in Germany I cannot move on Jan 15th, so I might need to join remotely if the meeting is in that week. We have not yet discussed how long the meeting shall be, so the later in the week, the higher the chances I can be with you throughout the entire meeting. I would be ok with traveling on Wed, meeting Thurs to Sat as well. The last two weeks of Jan would work for me entirely.

As regards location, I would really defer to staff and our leadership to make a decision taking into account cost efficiency and potential synergies with other meetings. As you can see from my comments above, I as many others have limitations affecting their availability and I am happy to join remotely if need be.


Am 26.10.2018 um 08:48 schrieb Kurt Pritz <kurt at kjpritz.com<mailto:kurt at kjpritz.com>>:

Hi Everyone:

Thank you again for your time, effort and thought during the ICANN meeting. While others were visiting the various great sites that Barcelona has to offer, we were all not visiting the various great sites that Barcelona has to offer.

Yesterday, I met with Nick Tomasso who heads the ICANN meetings team to develop some options for the next face-to-face meeting. At various times during the past week, many of you approached me with the following points:

  *   Our results are significantly better in a face-to-face format
  *   The proverbial clock is ticking
  *   We should strive to maintain the momentum we have, therefore
  *   We should hold our next meeting as soon as possible.

With that in mind, Nick said he could support the following two options, a meeting

  *   In the first or second week in December
  *   In the second or third week of January

[Meetings less than 90 days away require Göran’s approval, but Nick believes he can obtain this. Nick is checking on venues with which he is familiar in Brussels now, although the meeting location is not certain.]

I am of two minds on this but do have an opinion and would appreciate your feedback over the next few days so that I can get back to Nick the first of next week.

1) The January meeting is more or less timed for us to take into account the first round of public comment.

2) Te December meeting allows us to keep working after the initial report is issued (or to wrap up the initial report in the worse case).

I think the December meeting is the better option for us. We are not going to stand down after the initial report is issued. There is a lot of work to be done. It is better, I think, to meet and consider unsettled issues, rather than meet to discuss the effect of public comment. If we are serious about finishing on time, I don’t think we can stop. So despite the inconvenience (and it will be very inconvenient for me), I think we should meet sooner rather than later.

Of course, this all depends on the ICANN meetings team pulling this off, which is no small feat,

Let me know your thoughts, I will write to Nick on Tuesday.

Best regards,


Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>

Gnso-epdp-team mailing list
Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:Gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
[Image removed by sender. Donuts Inc.]<http://donuts.domains/>

Alan Woods
Senior Compliance & Policy Manager, Donuts Inc.
The Victorians,
15-18 Earlsfort Terrace
Dublin 2, County Dublin

[Image removed by sender.]<https://www.facebook.com/donutstlds>  [Image removed by sender.] <https://twitter.com/DonutsInc>   [Image removed by sender.] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/donuts-inc>

Please NOTE: This electronic message, including any attachments, may include privileged, confidential and/or inside information owned by Donuts Inc. . Any distribution or use of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/attachments/20181029/89ed1a5e/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Gnso-epdp-team mailing list