[Gnso-epdp-team] Additional considerations and materials for Tuesday's meeting

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Mon Sep 3 21:57:26 UTC 2018

Dear All,

In follow-up to the agenda that was circulated yesterday, please note that:

  1.  A preliminary slide deck is attached. In the event that the planned-for input on §4.4 and the appendices is not received in sufficient detail or time for discussion, we also included additional materials and topics. (I.e., the deck is long.) We will tailor the agenda and the slide deck to fit the available meeting time prior to the meeting.

  1.  We have included input recently received but the agenda and slides will be amended prior to the meeting based on input received in relation to the different action items (thank you to those who have already submitted their proposals!).

  1.  Proposed modifications to the Temporary Specification that have been submitted will be introduced during Tuesday’s meeting – with substantive discussion in meetings to follow.

  1.  In last Thursday’s meeting, several mentioned the importance of discussing data elements themselves. This is now item 7 on the agenda. Please find attached an excel spreadsheet that aims to bring together Thomas’s original spreadsheet (attached as a reference) as well as the work that the RDS PDP WG did on this item (factoring in the current purposes and legitimate interests under discussion). As time allows, discussion can begin answering the different charter questions in relation to data elements.

  1.  Slides have also been included to introduce Appendix A. As stated above, this section was included as a “Plan B” in the event other materials were not received or ripe for discussion. In any case, this is useful reference material that will help you prepare for that discussion. The DSI for Appendix A has also been posted here: https://community.icann.org/x/ExxpBQ.

Best regards,

Caitlin, Berry and Marika

Marika Konings
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>

Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<http://learn.icann.org/courses/gnso> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<http://gnso.icann.org/sites/gnso.icann.org/files/gnso/presentations/policy-efforts.htm#newcomers>.