[Gnso-epdp-team] RrSG edits -- Section 4.4

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Sep 6 04:31:30 UTC 2018

James, several points:

- I understand the removal of 4.4.4 and I agree
with your footnote 2 that communications between
the registrar and registrant does not need WHOIS.
But you also eliminated the Registry and they
have no privileged information about the customer.

- I strongly disagree with your changes to 4.4.8.
I agree that ICANN does not provide a framework
for law enforcement as 4.4.9 said, but it does
have a responsibility to support such a framework.

- I agree that 4.4.7 was badly worded in
referring only to the publication. 4.4.5 already
references the technical contact, but you also
omitted the admin contact which in large
organizations may have great value. Perhaps we
will get to the point of discussing natural
persons vs legla persons at some stage, but right
now the Temp Spec treats them as the same and we need to accommodate that.

- I do not disagree with the intent of your
addition to 4.4.13, but do not agree that it
belongs in a section on contractual compliance access to date.

There is probably more, but it is getting late so
I will leave it at that for the moment.

Alan