[Gnso-epdp-team] Question in preparation of the LA F2F meeting

Janis Karklins karklinsj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 09:11:34 UTC 2019

Dear EPDP Team,

In planning for our F2F meeting in Los Angeles in September, I wanted to
test the idea of carving out time as part of our agenda to meet with
ICANN’s CEO and/or the Strawberry Team to get an update on the status of
their activities in relation to the UAM based on the TSG model.

As the questions that ICANN org is preparing for DPAs are expected to also
help inform the EPDP Team’s deliberations, it may be of interest to get an
update on the status as well as expected timeline and sharing any question
from EPDP team directed to DPAs. Similarly, there may be further questions
that the EPDP Team has for ICANN’s CEO that may impact the team’s
decision-making further down the line, for example, in relation to the
liability ICANN org is expected or willing to take on in a potential UAM.

If there is interest in such an engagement, I would like to propose that we
start a google doc that allows for the collection of specific questions so
we can make sure that any engagement is structured to achieve a
constructive outcome.

I look forward to receiving your feedback.

JK