[Gnso-epdp-team] [Ext] RE: Proposed path for additional topics flagged

Thomas Rickert epdp at gdpr.ninja
Sun Feb 10 20:36:49 UTC 2019

Hi all,
Let me just to on the record (again) that - whilst I do support that an opportunity for consent must be given at some point - we need to make sure this is done in a compliant fashion. As state previously, I do not think we have the technical and organizational means  in place so that the controller(s) can demonstrate that the consent (and the contents thereof) have been given, see Art. 7 I GDPR. This is not impossible to do, but I think the gTLD ecosystem is not yet ready for handling consent and make it travel with the registration data to all players. I think some in our team think that we are operationally and legally ready to do that in a compliant fashion, in which case we should probably link to related documentation or write a few lines on how this can be done. In sum, I do not think it is just a matter of commercial factors.

Best,
Thomas