[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - updated version of Final Report
marika.konings at icann.org
Sat Feb 16 13:42:38 UTC 2019
Dear EPDP Team,
Based on the input received to date, the staff support team has made some further updates to the Final Report, mainly for clarity and consistency reasons. You will find these changes in redline in the attached version (a Word version is posted on the wiki, see https://community.icann.org/x/VZwWBg). We also included references to the legal guidance provided on city field and accuracy, consistent with how other parts of legal advice have been included. In a new Annex F, you find the statements received to date for inclusion from the SSAC and ALAC. The staff support team is assuming at this stage that the input provided by RySG and NCSG relates to the consensus designation process and finalization of the report – if this is not correct, please let us know and we can include the input provided accordingly.
Please note that the RySG input provided further suggestions for clarifications / changes to some of the recommendations or parts of the report, these have NOT been applied so that the EPDP Team can first review and consider these.
Further updates have also been made to the data element tables and workbooks in Annex D as a result of further work by the data elements team. You will find an overview of the changes below (these do not appear in redline in the report).
If any of the changes made are considered substantive and requiring further discussion, please flag these as soon as possible (by Monday 18 Feb COB at the latest) so these can be added to the agenda for the meetings next week.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
• Incorporated the split of Purpose 1 into 1A and 1B
• Made updates to address a shortcoming of the workbooks where by a “transfer” from a Registrar is also considered a collection by a “Registry”
• Developed a clearer distinction for the use of “optional”
• Refined data elements designations for collection and transfer processing activities that better reflect what occurs technically
• Refined the disclosure processing activity to identify a disclosure to a third party versus publication
• Migrated the publication and disclosure processing activities from Purpose 2 to Purpose 3 to better represent a minimum public data set available on a public directory
• Imported data element designations into update consolidated tables by processing activity
• Created an additional view of data transferred from a Registrar to a Registry that better represents why data is transferred based on URS as a contractual arrangement for gTLDs versus gTLDs that are not contractually obligated to support URS
• Applied filters to generate new tables used for recommendations in the final report which now include better representation for those data elements that are required for processing versus optional
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: EPDP Team Draft Final Report - Redline - version 16 February 2019.pdf
Size: 3110037 bytes
Desc: EPDP Team Draft Final Report - Redline - version 16 February 2019.pdf
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team