[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #37 Thursday 3 January at 14.00 UTC
Mueller, Milton L
milton at gatech.edu
Wed Jan 2 23:08:30 UTC 2019
Hello Kurt, Marika and colleagues on the EPDP
I would propose an amendment to this agenda. I think item #3 is needlessly drawn out. Why do we need 60 minutes to discuss public comments on purposes (1 and 3) which obviously have consensus? If we proceed at that pace we will finish some time in 2020. I think we can – and in fact, must – move faster than this.
I would suggest that we triage the purposes into three categories:
1. those which are clearly consensual (1, 3, 4,)
2. those which seem to be easily amendable to attain consensus (5, 6)
3. those which have serious opposition and may need to be discarded or greatly modified
I suggest that we NOT discuss category 1.
I suggest that we begin by discussing category 2 and (hopefully) quickly fix them
I suggest that we leave category 3 to our face to face meeting
That would be my favored agenda for tomorrow.
Dr. Milton L Mueller
Professor, School of Public Policy<http://spp.gatech.edu/>
Georgia Institute of Technology
Internet Governance Project
From: Gnso-epdp-team [mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Marika Konings
Sent: Wednesday, January 2, 2019 10:58 AM
To: GNSO EPDP <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>
Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #37 Thursday 3 January at 14.00 UTC
Dear EPDP Team,
Best wishes for 2019!
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next EPDP Team meeting which is scheduled for Thursday 3 January at 14.00 UTC.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
EPDP Meeting #37 Agenda
Thursday, 3 January 2018
1. Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)
2. Welcome and Updates from EPDP Team Chair (5 minutes)
* Update from legal committee
* Review of outstanding action items
* Other updates, if applicable
1. Public Comments on the Initial Report (85 minutes)
* High level overview of input received (10 minutes) (see https://community.icann.org/x/R4cWBg)
* Review and discuss proposed approach for review of public comments (15 minutes) (see https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2019-January/001131.html)
* Commence review of public comments (60 minutes):
* Purpose 1 – Establish rights of Registered Name Holder (see PCRT<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/102139731/gnso-EPDP-pcrt-Initial-Report-PURPOSE1_20181228.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1546013426000&api=v2>)
* Purpose 3 – Enable communication with Registered Name Holder (see PCRT<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/102139731/gnso-EPDP-pcrt-Initial-Report-PURPOSE3_20181228.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1546041604000&api=v2>)
1. Next steps to get to Final Report (15 minutes)
* Preparations for F2F meeting (16-18 January)
* Decision-making methodologies / Consensus call process
* Final Report development
1. Wrap and confirm next meeting to be scheduled for Tuesday, 8 January 2019 at 14.00 UTC (5 minutes)
* Confirm action items
* Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team