[Gnso-epdp-team] face to face meeting details

Emily Taylor emily.taylor at oxil.co.uk
Fri Jan 11 17:27:58 UTC 2019

Hi Kurt

I’d like to support Marc’s constructive and thoughtful suggestions.

Best wishes, and see you next week (drones permitting)!

Emily

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 17:13, Anderson, Marc via Gnso-epdp-team <
gnso-epdp-team at icann.org> wrote:

> Kurt and leadership team,
>

> As we prepare for the face to face meeting in Toronto next week I have a
> couple suggestions/requests.
>

> Managing the queue: can we please use Adobe to manage the queue?  In LA
> and especially in Barcelona Adobe wasn’t used which led to issues that we
> just don’t have when using Adobe.  We are all used  to using Adobe, lets
> stick with that for the face to face.
>

> Adobe Chat: along similar lines, in Barcelona, Adobe chat was either
> discouraged or not available.  As a result we had much longer queues.  It
> also led to many cases of jumping the queue to “correct the record”.  I
> know chairing or otherwise facilitating a meeting and keeping up with chat
> is essentially impossible, but the meeting chat is a valuable tool and
> helps move discussions along.  We are all used to using Adobe chat and I
> thought not having it in Barcelona hampered progress.  Also I think
> everyone understands when the chair has to pause to catch up on chat.
>

> Breaks and meeting pauses: On yesterday’s Team B call initially when we
> got to the discussion on Purpose 5 (compliance) no one had any comments.
> Kudos to Brian who suggested we pause for 5 minutes so people could
> review.  It wasn’t an issue of Team B members not being prepared, we just
> have a lot of topics and issues on our plates and needed a moment.  We
> ended up having an excellent discussion following the 5 minute pause and
> generally agreed to revised language for the recommendation.  When
> considering the agenda for the face to face, please make sure you are
> accounting for time for people to take breaks, sync up with team members
> and refresh their memories on discussion topics.
>

> Thanks,
> Marc
>

>  [image: Description: cid:image001.gif at 01CE562A.FB6F3EB0]
>
> *Marc Anderson*
>
> mcanderson at verisign.com
>
> Cell: 571.521.9943
>
> Office: 703.948.3404
> 12061 Bluemont Way, Reston, VA 20190
>
> Verisign.com <http://www.verisign.com/>
>
> [image: Description: Description: Description: Verisign™]

Emily Taylor

CEO, Oxford Information Labs
*MA (Cantab), Solicitor (non-practising), MBA, *

*A**ssociate Fellow, Chatham House; Editor, Journal of Cyber Policy*

Lincoln House, Pony Road, Oxford OX4 2RD | T: 01865 582885
E: emily.taylor at oxil.co.uk | D: 01865 582811 | M: +44 7540 049322

<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/pgas/rcyb-cfp-2017>
<http://explore.tandfonline.com/cfp/pgas/rcyb-cfp-2017>

Registered office: Lincoln House, 4 Pony Road, Oxford OX4 2RD. Registered
in England and Wales No. 4520925. VAT No. 799526263

.