[Gnso-epdp-team] Publication, Disclosure Requests (Recc 12), and Unified Access Model

Steve DelBianco sdelbianco at netchoice.org
Sat Jan 19 17:52:11 UTC 2019

Just a follow-up on Friday’s discussion of Recommendation 12, regarding how third parties make disclosure requests under the “reasonable access” requirement in the TempSpec.

During that discussion, it would have been helpful to display the attached 1-page diagram to show the relationship between Publication, Disclosure Requests, and Unified Access to Whois data.

Our Recc 12 discussion applies to the lower-eft corner of the diagram.

On the right side of the diagram is the Unified Access Model (UAM) we will address in phase 2 of this EPDP.

A few of us put this diagram together after Barcelona, when ICANN Org began exploring a Unified Access Model where ICANN could assume GDPR legal liability in order to fulfill access requests from accredited entities.

I sincerely hope this helps frame our EPDP work, so that we can move quickly to a final report on Phase 1 (left side), then get to work on the right side in Phase 2.

Best,
Steve

--
Steve DelBianco