[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - Proposed language for agreements reached in principle

Sarah Wyld swyld at tucows.com
Tue Jan 22 13:36:16 UTC 2019

Good morning,

I notice a significant difference between the Toronto Day 3 notes and
the draft below, regarding the Organization field.

Day 3 notes - "Principles for Redaction of Registrant Organization
Field" #4:

    4. Upon (1) the registration of a Registered Name sponsored by
    Registrar or (2) the transfer of the sponsorship of a Registered
    Name to Registrar, the Registrar MUST inform all Registered Name
    Holders that the*Registrant Org field will be redacted unless the
    Registered Name Holder affirmatively opts in to the publicatio**n*
    of the Registrant Org field.

Updated Recommendation #9 below:

    4. Upon (1) the registration of a Registered Name sponsored by
    Registrar or (2) the transfer of the sponsorship of a Registered
    Name to Registrar, the Registrar MUST inform the Registered Name
    Holder that the*Registrant Org field will be published unless the
    Registered Name Holder affirmatively opts in to redaction *of the
    Registrant Org field.

The Org field should be redacted by default, and the Registered Name
Holder should be able to opt-in to publication. This aligns with the
principle of Privacy by Default and is what we agreed on during the Day
3 meeting.

Thanks,

--
Sarah Wyld