[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed agenda and materials for review - EPDP Team meeting Thursday 13 June at 14.00 UTC

Hadia Abdelsalam Mokhtar EL miniawi Hadia at tra.gov.eg
Wed Jun 12 13:00:18 UTC 2019

Dear Staff,

Thank you for the submitted document, however I have fundamental comments in relation to the logic through which we are handling the first topic of the SSAD that is defining the user groups and data elements

·         The EPDP team should be considering only ICANN purposes and not third parties' purposes, for this reason the starting point in defining the users of the system should be the ICANN purposes previously defined in phase1. Whilst purpose 2 could be considered serving the public interest by maintaining the security, stability and resiliency of the DNS in accordance to ICANN's mission and bylaws

·         So our starting point should be to analyze  each of the 7 ICANN purposes to determine 1)who needs to access the registration data in order to fulfill this purpose 2)which parts of the data does he need to access in order to fulfil the purpose

·         Stemming from the above will originate all of the user groups and categories as well as the data elements, like the ones in the sheets. We must remember that third parties' purposes are not our objectives but fulfilling ICANN's purposes is our objective and in satisfying ICANN's purposes access or disclosure to certain parts of the data is required for several types of users.
Kind regards
Hadia