[Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #7 on Thursday 20 June at 14.00 UTC
Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Wed Jun 19 21:59:49 UTC 2019
Dear EPDP Team,
The IPC thanks Thomas for taking the initial pen on putting together the use case document for IP. As Thomas is traveling during tomorrow’s call and we’re actually still collaborating on the draft together, we regret that it’s premature to discuss this tomorrow. Instead, we look forward to productive conversations with the EPDP team around a polished draft when we meet in Marrakesh.
Safe travels, looking forward to speaking tomorrow and to seeing many of you in Marrakesh.
Brian J. King
Director of Internet Policy and Industry Affairs
T +1 443 761 3726
Protecting companies and consumers in a digital world
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Marika Konings
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 4:37 PM
To: gnso-epdp-team at icann.org
Subject: Re: [Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #7 on Thursday 20 June at 14.00 UTC
Dear EPDP Team,
Please find attached a document to facilitate deliberations for agenda item 4. This document groups together the input received to date on the proposed third party legitimate interests. Note that time on the agenda for this topic has been extended to 30 minutes. Also attached is an updated version of the proposed agenda for the EPDP Team meetings at ICANN65 for agenda item 6. Updates include, amongst others, a proposed lunch time briefing by Michael Palage on the Differentiated Registrant Data Access Model. Similar to the briefing by Steve Crocker, the hope is that this will help inform and inspire the EPDP Team’s approach for SSAD. Please note that further updates may be made to the F2F agenda based on your input during tomorrow’s meeting as well as progress made.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
From: Gnso-epdp-team <gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-epdp-team-bounces at icann.org>> on behalf of Marika Konings <marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>>
Date: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 at 16:28
To: "gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>" <gnso-epdp-team at icann.org<mailto:gnso-epdp-team at icann.org>>
Subject: [Gnso-epdp-team] Proposed Agenda - EPDP Team Meeting #7 on Thursday 20 June at 14.00 UTC
Dear EPDP Team,
Please find below the proposed agenda for the next EPDP Team meeting which is scheduled for Thursday 20 June at 14.00 UTC. Please review the attached documents in advance of the meeting.
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
EPDP Phase 2 - Meeting #7
Thursday, 20 June 2019 at 14.00 UTC
1. Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)
2. Confirmation of agenda (Chair)
3. Welcome and housekeeping issues (Chair) (10 minutes)
* Request for additional resources for F2F meetings submitted (see https://gnso.icann.org/sites/default/files/file/field-file-attach/drazek-to-chalaby-12jun19-en.pdf<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_default_files_file_field-2Dfile-2Dattach_drazek-2Dto-2Dchalaby-2D12jun19-2Den.pdf&d=DwMGaQ&c=OGmtg_3SI10Cogwk-ShFiw&r=qQNCXqU_XE2XIdXbawYmk-YDflYH6pd8ffXlzxU37OA&m=z-o8EGEHko1j_4rlVB1jGO_W2WonyDGzpeTePEzeJlM&s=N0XiDC84WWOuwXHqN61uNfiRRZT0Vs6iHSGzAeRwNPM&e=>)
4. Review of third party legitimate interests (30 minutes):
i. Carry out the obligations and responsibilities of a law enforcement agency;
ii. Confirm the identity of an entity before completing an online purchase/acquisition;
iii. Report a technical issue with the domain name;
iv. Fulfill a licensing or regulatory requirement;
v. Carry out academic research, a study and/or statistical analysis;
vi. Carry out security operations, investigation, and research;
vii. Prevent intellectual property infringement;
viii. Validate domain name ownership for SSL cert requests;
ix. (for the registrant) Assess what data a controller holds that pertains to their domain name registration.
* Are these comprehensive? Any third party legitimate interest missing from the list?
* Are these too high level, too detailed or just right?
5. Topic c: Define user groups, criteria and purposes / lawful basis per user group – Review use case prepared by Thomas Rickert (50 minutes)
* Overview of use case - Trademark owners requesting data to take legal action against cybersquatters – see attached
* Review already submitted third party legitimate interests (LE – see document reviewed during last week’s meeting https://community.icann.org/x/7ISGBg<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_7ISGBg&d=DwMGaQ&c=OGmtg_3SI10Cogwk-ShFiw&r=qQNCXqU_XE2XIdXbawYmk-YDflYH6pd8ffXlzxU37OA&m=z-o8EGEHko1j_4rlVB1jGO_W2WonyDGzpeTePEzeJlM&s=I3kU0E43hOLQAgYz5taLMN1QefRZtQUgCAV3Zdl8RzU&e=>, Security operations, investigation, and research – see submission from SSAC on the mailing list https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-epdp-team/2019-June/002141.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mm.icann.org_pipermail_gnso-2Depdp-2Dteam_2019-2DJune_002141.html&d=DwMGaQ&c=OGmtg_3SI10Cogwk-ShFiw&r=qQNCXqU_XE2XIdXbawYmk-YDflYH6pd8ffXlzxU37OA&m=z-o8EGEHko1j_4rlVB1jGO_W2WonyDGzpeTePEzeJlM&s=MiFtsG_a_C8A7IWgTsdpRKp7NmZoiN7CtfsGlh7ejh4&e=> )
* EPDP Team input
* Confirm next steps – e.g. modification of template, identification of other use cases and volunteers to develop these further.
6. ICANN65 EPDP Team F2F Meetings (15 minutes)
* Review proposed agenda (see draft agenda)
* EPDP Team Input
* Confirm next steps
7. Any other business (5 minutes)
* Priority 2 small team meetings update
Reminder - Call schedule remaining priority 2 worksheets:
· TBC (post ICANN65)
Accuracy and WHOIS ARS
Deadline for providing input for those that were not able to attend the calls – proposed 20 June 2019.
8. Wrap and confirm next meeting taking place at ICANN65 (Meeting room: Tichka) on Tuesday 25 June from 8.30 – 15.00 local time (5 minutes)
* Confirm action items
* Confirm questions for ICANN Org, if any
Vice President, Policy Development Support – GNSO, Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Email: marika.konings at icann.org<mailto:marika.konings at icann.org>
Follow the GNSO via Twitter @ICANN_GNSO
Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__learn.icann.org_courses_gnso&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=Cg5uQf0yAfw-qlFZ0WNBfsLmmtBNUiH0SuI6Vg-gXBQ&e=> and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__gnso.icann.org_sites_gnso.icann.org_files_gnso_presentations_policy-2Defforts.htm-23newcomers&d=DwMGaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=7_PQAir-9nJQ2uB2cWiTDDDo5Hfy5HL9rSTe65iXLVM&m=5DXgId95wrCsHi--pxTiJD7bMB9r-T5ytCn7od3CF2Q&s=tT-E2RoAucUb3pfL9zmlbRdq1sytaEf765KOEkBVCjk&e=>.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team