[Gnso-epdp-team] For your review - proposed response to Göran Marby

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed May 8 20:47:31 UTC 2019

I agree with Matt here.

While I understand the motivation, the TSG itself was always a rather poorly conceived effort to jump the gun on the issues related to disclosure of redacted Whois data. We were told that its only purpose was to assess technical feasibility and make our work go faster, but in fact it opened up a parallel process raising all kinds of questions about how our work intersects with it. Now we seem to be compounding the problem.  Let’s put a stop to it and get things in order before pushing out into yet another problematic direction.

And thanks to Matt also for reminding us that the board has some serious work to do regarding phase 1

Dr. Milton L Mueller
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Public Policy