[Gnso-epdp-team] For final review - building block e) retention/destruction of data

Anderson, Marc mcanderson at verisign.com
Thu Oct 10 20:53:34 UTC 2019

EPDP Team,

Overall this new version is an improvement on the previous drafts.  I added a couple notes for consideration.  I also want to point out that the building block recommendations are very specific to the SSAD system and what the requirements are for the Retention and Destruction of any non-public registration data disclosed via that SSAD system.  I think this is the right focus, but it doesn't address other retention/destruction requirements such as those related to user account information, and logs of requests for data.

The TSG report (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/technical-model-access-non-public-registration-data-30apr19-en.pdf) page 26 has some thoughts on this including what we might consider for an SSAD system requirement: "the system MUST NOT retain non-public gTLD domain name registration data in any persistent way or for any longer than needed to fulfill the query for which the data were acquired."

Best,

Marc