[Gnso-epdp-team] schedule problem: Legal vs. Natural issue
greg at illumintel.com
Fri Oct 11 23:45:10 UTC 2019
The Phase 1 report said:
"EPDP Team Recommendation #17.
1) The EPDP Team recommends that Registrars and Registry Operators are
permitted to differentiate between registrations of legal and natural
persons, but are not obligated to do so.
2) The EPDP Team recommends that as soon as possible ICANN Org undertakes a
study, for which the terms of reference are developed in consultation with
the community, that considers:
* The feasibility and costs including both implementation and potential
liability costs of differentiating between legal and natural persons;
* Examples of industries or other organizations that have successfully
differentiated between legal and natural persons;
* Privacy risks to registered name holders of differentiating between legal
and natural persons; and
* Other potential risks (if any) to registrars and registries of not
3) The EPDP Team will determine and resolve the Legal vs. Natural issue in
The homework above looks like a pre-requisite for completing the charter and
delivering the Final Report, but AFAIK it is not underway. How are we going
to solve this dilemma?
I note that some guidance about the above is contained in the Bird & Bird
"legal versus natural" memo delivered at the end of Phase 1.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gnso-epdp-team