[Gnso-epdp-team] ICANN Org questions to the EDPB

Janis Karklins karklinsj at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 13:57:36 UTC 2019

Dear Team members,

This morning Goran shared with me the Strawberry paper, which has been sent
to the European Data Protection Board. This paper outlines a Unified Access
Model (UAM) based on the Technical Study Group’s technical model
<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/technical-model-access-non-public-registration-data-30apr19-en.pdf>,
which the Strawberry team described to the Team in Marrakech and at our
meeting in Los Angeles.

The questions to the EDPB are outlined in Section 8 of this paper. ICANN
Org is asking the European data protection authorities to provide
substantive input on these issues. Any answers that will be provided ICANN
Org will forward to the EPDP to inform our policy discussions.

At the same time Goran suggested that if the EPDP would have any further
questions to ask of the DPAs, we should send them to Goran for subsequent
communication to the EDPB. Of course, the Team can also ask questions to
Georgios who is working at the European Commission.

I hope you will find the document informative. We have planned to discuss
ICANN Org input in one of the Montreal Team meetings. I do not intend to
open discussion about this document during our upcoming Tuesday's call.

Thank you for your consideration

JK