[Gnso-epdp-team] Revised Consensus Designation

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 30 19:40:05 UTC 2020

At 2020-07-30 03:24 PM, Thomas Rickert wrote:
>Hi all,
>Firstly, Alan, you are confusing me and I hope itâ?Ts just me.
>
>The consensus call does not ask for support, but for objections.
>
>You are now saying that the 4 recommendations
>you specify are not supported by ALAC. That is
>irrelevant. There is no need for us to support
>the recommendations. Are you saying that ALAC objects?

YES. ALAC OBJECTS. I am sorry if DOES NOT SUPPORT
was not taken to be equivalent to OBJECT.

>If so, based on this and other responses, why
>donâ?Tt we follow Volkerâ?Ts recommendation and
>just take the 4 recommendations that Alan
>mentioned out of the report entirely.

The report makes it clear that the SSAD
recommendations are linked. Removing auomation ,
evolution and financial aspects does not leave
something that makes any sense. It is a glorified
ticketing system and one could buy/build one of those with a LOT less trouble.

>I for one think that the entire exercise is
>missing the point if we canâ?Tt find rough
>consensus for some basic features, but maybe -
>if we do not take the recommendations off the
>table here - or even the entire set of
>recommendations as a consequence, itâ?Ts going to be done elsewhere :-(

What "elsewhere" did you have in mind?