[Gnso-epdp-team] The final stretch

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Jun 29 20:10:38 UTC 2020

Janis,
We appreciate your (and staff’s) heroic efforts to bring this PDP to a successful close. One reason you have not gotten additional comments from us is that most of the work is taking place in small groups which, as far as I know, have not posted things for comment.

Regarding tomorrow’s call, the NCSG participants believe it will not be advisable to get bogged down in the minutiae of wording at this juncture, although we realize that most of what is happening at this stage is precisely that. We must go into these final stages with the understanding that the problems we have reaching an agreement pertain to two basic principles:

1) what can be automated, and
2) the mechanism for ongoing improvement.

For those areas we want to set out two broad principles that will govern our response to any and all suggestions for change at this point:

1. Regarding automation, the report can only recommend automating disclosure requests that are deemed by a Contracted Party to be technically and commercially feasible and legally permissible.

2. The ongoing Rec 19 improvement mechanism must have full consensus among all EPDP stakeholders to make any recommendations to the GNSO

We can be flexible on a host of other issues. Look forward to talking tomorrow.

Dr. Milton L Mueller
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Public Policy