[Gnso-epdp-team] Contact Relays

King, Brian Brian.King at markmonitor.com
Sun Jan 17 22:28:15 UTC 2021

Hi James,

I’d like to understand your request a bit better.

For many IP purposes, having a reliable email address is necessary to facilitate communication with the RNH, especially since web forms have proven insufficient for many of us. To the IP folks, contactability is an important reason for our work on “the feasibility of requiring unique contacts to have a uniform anonymized email address” (Temp Spec, emphasis added). I was concerned (or hopefully confused) to hear the RrSG assert that email contact was not necessary for IP purposes – I’d think we could either take the IPC’s word on that, or attempt to understand each other better.

If we agree that some form of email address is needed, or that we need to understand each other better, let’s proceed accordingly. If not, I’d ask candidly whether we should expect the RrSG to join consensus on a (lawful) requirement to provide an email contact, if the RrSG position is that email is not necessary and the RrSG is unwilling to discuss it further.

Brian J. King​
He/Him/His
Head of Policy and Advocacy, Intellectual Property Group

T +1 443 761 3726​
clarivate.com​
Accelerating innovation