[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Update: Board liaison appointments to the Closed Generics Facilitated Dialogue

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Fri Dec 16 19:31:19 UTC 2022

Dear all,

We are pleased to inform you that the Board has selected Patricio Poblete and Alan Barrett (alternate) to serve as the Board’s liaisons to this group and your work. We understand that Patricio’s and Alan’s role in the group will follow the Guidelines for Board Liaisons to Community Groups that the Board adopted last year and that you can read here: https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/board-liaison-guidelines-31may21-en.pdf.

We anticipate that Patricio or Alan will join the calls starting in January 2023, and that one or both of them will likely attend the planned 26-27 January meeting in Washington DC.

For additional background on the development of the Board’s Guidelines for its liaisons to community groups, please refer to this blog post by then Board Chair Maarten Botterman:  https://www.icann.org/en/blogs/details/strengthening-collaboration-a-framework-for-board-liaisons-to-community-groups-6-7-2021-en.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Mary (on behalf of the staff team supporting the GAC-GNSO Facilitated Dialogue on Closed Generic gTLDs)