[gnso-gac-closed-generics] FOR YOUR REVIEW: Draft timeline for completion of Closed Generics dialogue work

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Apr 3 20:18:17 UTC 2023

Dear all,

With thanks to Terri for scheduling the rest of our April calls in her usual efficient way, please find attached the proposed timeline that the staff team presented on the call earlier today.

As we mentioned on the call, staff has not shared this timeline with anyone outside the dialogue group. However, our understanding is that the GNSO Council leadership will greatly appreciate an initial Framework being circulated for community input prior to its 15 May meeting, where it will likely begin discussing a potential timeline and project plan for the subsequent policy work to come.

We have endeavored to incorporate your feedback from last week’s call, including building in a limited number of meetings following the provision of community input for the group to meet, to discuss whether specific clarifications to the Framework may be necessary. This includes two sessions that the staff team will request on your behalf during ICANN77. We have also added time and flexibility for the ALAC and the GAC to perform a final review and sign-off on the Framework after the GNSO Council submits an initial policy timeline and plan to the Board on 15 June.

We hope this proposed timeline is feasible and meets your group’s needs and expectations. Thank you!

Cheers
Mary (on behalf of Melissa Peters Allgood and the staff team supporting this Facilitated Dialogue)