[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Closed Generics Dialogue Documents

Melissa Peters Allgood melissa.allgood at icann.org
Fri Apr 28 18:48:28 UTC 2023

Hello again,

As I mentioned in my email about timeline, we ask you incorporate the following two documents into your Closed Generics efforts moving forward.

Red Line Table<https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Iw5dya1WywzeuVBjBfSYDQ80MT-2wCJNPbeNl4kbzw/edit>
We’ve asked you add the rationale for any red lines you have in this table. In the interest of time, areas that saw broad agreement during our red line discussions have been included (or excluded depending on the question) into the clean v3 document below. Areas that did not see broad agreement during our red line discussions will be subject to follow up in the coming days.

Closed Generics Framework v3 (Clean Document)<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u0Nb9_CJ-6R_ZF4bt9wbkzxLhMKu64aKY_vzS3QixgQ/edit>
Specific areas where the group indicated broad agreement that a given issue was a must include red line have been placed in this document. This includes issues that fall into the Notable Concern category of our red line discussions (implementability, covered by SubPro, the issue was in the wrong section of the framework, duplicative of the guidebook, or specific concerns with the text but not the issue itself). We will continue to work through these Notable Concerns in the coming days. Please do not comment or edit this document.

Next Call
I hope we can conclude the remaining red line discussions within Discussion Draft v2 during our next call, Wednesday, May 3 at 20:00 UTC and move onto focused discussions on those red line areas that have not seen broad support.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend,
Melissa