[gnso-gac-closed-generics] [Ext] RE: FOR INPUT: Participant Red Lines Table

Christian Wheeler christian.wheeler at icann.org
Fri Apr 28 20:02:13 UTC 2023

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for the question. I did mean inserting a literal “comment” where your name is on the table, which will highlight your name and show the comment on the right.

If you look at the current Red Lines Table<https://docs.google.com/document/d/14Iw5dya1WywzeuVBjBfSYDQ80MT-2wCJNPbeNl4kbzw/edit?usp=sharing>, you’ll see I already added comments to some names, just for those of you who indicated your rationale (in discussion or chat) during our two calls this week. If you see your name is already highlighted and want to expand on your rationale, you may add a new comment in the space next to your name, or simply reply to the comment that exists (and if you disagree at all with the existing comment on your name, please reply to it saying as such and I’ll remove it).

I hear you that the right-hand side of the document will (does) look unwieldy with all the comments. However, the alternative is everyone squeezing their comments into the thin columns of the table itself, which then makes the table unwieldy, much longer, and would likely bury other participants’ names. By inserting “comments” instead, this enables anyone to simply click on your highlighted name and it will pull up your rationale, add their own replies if relevant, while keeping the table itself short, clean, uniform, and free of rainbows of text.

I hope this makes sense, and of course if you have any other questions please let us know.

Kind Regards,
Christian