[gnso-gac-closed-generics] Separate, second comment period needed [short paper]

Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch Jorge.Cancio at bakom.admin.ch
Wed May 31 06:58:14 UTC 2023

agree +1

________________________________

Von: Nigel Hickson via gnso-gac-closed-generics <gnso-gac-closed-generics at icann.org>
Datum: 31. Mai 2023 um 08:52:51 MESZ
An: Merritt, Jason (ISED/ISDE) <Jason.Merritt at ised-isde.gc.ca>
Cc: gnso-gac-closed-generics at icann.org <gnso-gac-closed-generics at icann.org>
Betreff: Re: [gnso-gac-closed-generics] Separate, second comment period needed [short paper]

Good morning

Would also like; as Jason, to thank Kathy, Alan and Greg for this thoughtful and important Paper.

They indeed make a powerful and coherent argument for a separate and distinct comment period for Closed Generics where it becomes crystal clear that an application being looked at is a CG.  Also agree that this specific comment period (which as Kathy notes should not unduly delay the process) could be supplemented by a specific webpage that notes the "Framework" that has been developed for CGs while listing applications.

best

Nigel