[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] IOC UDRP Decisions

Kathryn Kleiman kleiman at fhhlaw.com
Wed Sep 24 14:09:21 UTC 2014

Hi Petter and All,
I am trying to figure out the full scope of our work.  Is there a list of exactly what IGO names we are being asked to protect?  I see the list linked to below, but it has many acronyms (which I thought were being addressed by another group).

The issue is one of descriptiveness, particularly highly descriptiveness. The World Trade Organization (WTO) would never get a trademark for its name because it is too highly descriptive of what exactly what it does.

So the list is very important, and the scope of protection we are seeking for these descriptive terms (as opposed to “Xerox,” for example) is very important as well.  Sorry if I missed it and tx for sending.

Best,
Kathy

[cid:image003.png at 01CB79CE.32383780]
Kathy Kleiman
Internet Counsel
1300 N. 17th Street, Suite 1100 | Arlington, VA 22209