[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] IOC UDRP Decisions

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Sep 24 14:51:08 UTC 2014

Hi Kathy and everyone,

The list of IGOs is that provided by the GAC to ICANN in 2013, which you can
also find under Background Documents for this WG:
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48347918/GAC%20List%20of%20
Approved%20IGOs%20March%202013.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1410824319000&
api=v2

On the question of IGO acronyms, while the issue of TMCH protection (via
reliance on the claims notification process) is indeed still being discussed
between the Board, GAC and GNSO, the Board has made it clear that those
discussions are separate from the issue of curative rights for IGOs, which
they have acknowledged is the purview of the GNSO, and hence our WG. As
such, it is very much open for this WG to consider the question of curative
rights protection for IGO acronyms, such that the full panoply of permanent
protections for IGO acronyms will consist of whatever is agreed for the TMCH
plus final recommendations from our WG (if any).

For completeness, here is the list of INGOs that this WG has been requested
by the GNSO Council to consider (i.e. those on the ECOSOC General and
Special Consultative Status list):
https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/48347918/ECOSOC%20Consultat
ive%20List%20Sept%202013.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1410824340000&api=v2
(also available on the WG wiki as a Background Document).

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong