[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Letter on IGO protections

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Wed Jul 22 18:36:08 UTC 2015

I am very concerned that the letter proposes for the OECD and its IGO colleagues to work with Chris Disspain, the GAC and staff to draft a "comprehensive proposal for IGO protections for the GNSO's consideration" and that this be done within the next few weeks. The GNSO Council has established this WG to address CRPs for IGOs and the proposed arrangement makes no reference to or accommodation of our work.

This WG is addressing second level protections and, especially absent the identification of a legal expert on the scope of IGO sovereign immunity and the securing of funding to compensate said expert, we will not be in a position to reach any "definitive resolution" within the next few weeks.

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW
Suite 1050