[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Letter on IGO protections

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Jul 22 18:52:43 UTC 2015

Why would this letter have any meaning whatsoever? This PDP is
supposed to be based on data, research, law, etc. The IGOs appear to
be planning to just put out a position statement or proposal, without
any data, research, law, etc., as just a means of circumventing the
formal process (this very PDP) that ICANN has put in place to make
sure that all stakeholders are represented.

They even made the questionable statement that this issue is "becoming
increasingly critical as time goes by" -- where's the data/evidence to
substantiate that assertion? IGOs have been treated just like
everybody else for the past 30 years, and the UDRP has existed for
more than 15 years, and the world hasn't come to an end.