[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Letter on IGO protections

Paul Keating paul at law.es
Wed Jul 22 19:09:45 UTC 2015

Mary, Phil and Petter.

It seems to me test there are now a number of "groups" acting under the assumption that  they have been tasked with the authority to determine this issue and to provide "solutions". I am not clear if this letter is from the same or from a different group than the "small group" (whatever that is in reality).

Can you please let us know whether this letter is written by a group acting under the ambit of authority?

Finally I am growing quite perturbed by the apparent lack of legal support for the WG. We have, following advice from
Staff, provided a narrow request for funds to obtain a qualified legal opinion. However, I have not seen any apparent progress on a request for funding or any authorization to retain counsel on this important issue.

We are approaching a point where conspiratorially minded persons might think the failure to authorize competent legal advisors is an effort to eliminate the legal basis for what is seemingly forming as a consensus in favor of a political approach which is not founded upon legal principals.  I for one surely hope this is not the case.

I therefore reiterated my requests that :

1. The authorization be obtained for a competent qualified legal advisor to assist the WG regarding immunity issues ( a copy
Of the actual funding request must be circulated to the WG): and,

2. Disclosure of the members of the now multiple groups apparently "working" on the same task assigned to this WG - namely the "small working group" and this who worked in the preparation of the letter referenced below.

Sincerely,
Paul Keating, Esq.