[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Rescheduling WG call this week (message from Petter and Phil)

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Thu Jul 23 22:30:17 UTC 2015

Mike:

As I previously replied to Paul, I don’t know if Petter and I can have other WG members on this call , seeing as it is envisioned for a small group and that will encourage a full and frank discussion.

But I do think we should work with staff to provide a full report, as well as an analysis for how the discussion may impact the task of this WG, as soon after the call as practicable -- and schedule our next WG meeting shortly thereafter.

Beyond that, I want all WG members to know that on this morning’s monthly GNSO Council call I raised the issue of the OECD letter during the concluding portion of the meeting and put Council on notice that this WG was stuck in place due to lack of access to expert legal advice -- and that any “comprehensive solution” on IGO protections proposed to be put together by the Board, GAC and IC ANN staff that addressed the CRP/second level issueraised serious process/policy development issues.

Let’s see what happens on the call and what staff can advise us in the next week or two on prospects for securing that expert input. If circumstances dictate we may just have to take it upon ourselves to research the sovereign immunity scope question.

Finally, in advance of the call – and we are awaiting word on when that will take place – it might be useful if WG members came together on a few points that they want Petter and I to emphasize when we engage in that discussion.

Best regards,
Philip

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC