[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Agenda and documents for WG meeting on Wednesday 4 March

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Mar 4 09:16:40 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

Looking at the URS/UDRP comparison chart provided by Jim Bikoff, I
noticed that at least one section wasn't entirely correct, namely the
"Response Length Limit". For the UDRP column, it says "No Express
Length Limit.  See Art. 5." however the supplemental rules set by each
UDRP provider do set limits.

For example, at WIPO, that limit is 5000 words (see section 10):

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/rules/supplemental/#10

At NAF, the limit is 15 pages (see 5(a)):

http://domains.adrforum.com/users/icann/resources/UDRP%20Supplemental%20Rules%20eff%20July%201%202010%20(final).pdf

Also, under the "Appeals and Other Proceedings" section, one can
submit the dispute to a court of competent jurisdiction *during* the
UDRP dispute itself (not just before or after). See, for example,
SDT.com:

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/search/text.jsp?case=D2014-1870

or DUNLOP.com:

http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/decisions/html/2009/d2009-0367.html