[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] MP3 IGO WG - Wednesday, 04 March 2015 at 1700 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Wed Mar 4 19:51:02 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Working Group call on Wednesday, 04 March 2015 at 1700 UTC at: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-crp-access-04mar15-en.mp3

 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#mar

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
George Kirikos - Individual
Petter Rindforth - IPC
Phil Corwin - BC
Kristine Dorrain- Individual
Mason Cole - RySG
Val Sherman - IPC
Osvaldo Novoa - ISPCP
Paul Tattersfiled - Individual
Jay Chapman - Individual
Jim Bikoff - IPC
Kathy Kleiman - NCUC
Mike Rodenbaugh - IPC

Apologies:
Imran Ahmed Shah - NCUC

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Steve Chan
Berry Cobb
Terri Agnew

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/97rhAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Terri Agnew

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday, 04 March 2015:

   Terri Agnew:Dear all, welcome to the  IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection PDP WG Meeting on the 4th March 2015

  George Kirikos:Hi everyone.

  George Kirikos:Hey Jay & Val.

  Jay Chapman:Hi George.  Hello All.

  Val S:Hi George!

  George Kirikos:I'm playing with colours. :-)

  George Kirikos:Hi Phil.

  Philip Corwin:Hello all

  Val S:Jim Bikoff and David Heasley will be joining us a little late

  George Kirikos:I'm always reminded of the Truman Show quote.... Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

  Terri Agnew:Welcome Paul Tattersfiled

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:I can't hear anyone.  Are we live?

  George Kirikos:Yes, we are, Kristine.

  Terri Agnew:Mike Rodenbaugh has joined audio

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Ok, I'll start over.  BRB

  George Kirikos:You might try 1-866-692-5726 if you're having audio probs.

  George Kirikos:(code = IGO)

  Terri Agnew:@Krisitne, please let me k now if you would like a dial out on telephone

  George Kirikos:She might be 'K'?

  George Kirikos:Or, that might be Kathy.

  Val S:Jim is now on the audio bridge

  Terri Agnew:Kathy Kleiman has joined

  K:Sorry All, it jumped in - this is Kathy (Kleiman)

  Kathy Kleiman:@Mary, what is his name?

  Terri Agnew:Kristine Dorrain has rejoined

  George Kirikos:Certainly there's more than 1 person in the world qualified to opine on that legal concept.

  Petter Rindforth:When can we have the report from the Expert?

  Mary Wong:@Petter we hope to get his agreement to assist us within the next couple of days, and a report within the next week or two max.

  Petter Rindforth:Perfect!

  George Kirikos:Did ICANN legal get a chance to do a Westlaw search, or other search, for relevant legal precedents?

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:No one warned me about that, but sure.  :)

  Terri Agnew:Osvaldo Novoa has joined

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all, sorry I am late

  Mary Wong:@George, we did some research on sovereign immunity generally, including the two Vienna Conventions (1969 and 1986) to better understand the nature, history and scope of the principle.;However, we haven't done specific research on IGO uses or waivers of that protection in any specifi c instance/

  Kathy Kleiman:@George: what is the "express lane limit" you are referring to?

  George Kirikos:"express lane"? Where did I mention that?

  George Kirikos:Oh, maybe you mean the WORD limit?

  George Kirikos:(length of responses?)

  George Kirikos:It was in the "No express length limit", in this document (which wasn't actually correct).

  George Kirikos:Bottom of page 3 of the document on screen.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx George!

  George Kirikos:We can't scroll the document, it seems, but if I change the scale to 50%, and use the arrows, I can flip pages.

  Philip Corwin:I can scroll

  George Kirikos:Odd, for some reason I can't (maybe an Opera/Flash issue).

  Paul Tattersfield:You should be able to save it George and use it in an external viewer

  George Kirikos:Good artists copy, great artists steal? :-)

  Terri Agnew:@George , adobe prefers Firefox browser. I wil email you a link to check to make sure you have updated plug in's

  Paul Tattersfield:Kathy +1

  George Kirikos:Thanks, Terri. It used to work, but I read the document this morning, in any event.

  George Kirikos:Most new gTLD domains won't get any traffic, so there's nothing for the alleged cybersquatter to monetize.

  George Kirikos:http://domains.adrforum.com/decision.aspx (change ruleset to "URS" to see past decisions).

  George Kirikos:Only 255 cases at NAF.

  George Kirikos:who.* is reserved, though, so one couldn't do a gripe site in any event. currently.

  Mary Wong:Yes, it's reserved on an interim basis pending resolution of the different advice/recommendations from the GAC and GNSO on IGO acronym protections on a preventative basis (rather than curative, which is the province of this WG).

  George Kirikos:Unlimited Appendices/Exhibits, to breach the word limits in a sneaky way. :-)

  George Kirikos:(at least at WIPO)

  Paul Tattersfield:In a 3 member panel is the selected panelist an advocate for the complainant or defendant?

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Yes, but you risk angering your panelist if you do that.

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:No, no advocates.

  Kathy Kleiman:Tx Kristine!

  Paul Tattersfield:Thanks Kristine

  George Kirikos:Some folks have filed multiple UDRPs for the same name, though.

  George Kirikos:(after time has passed, citing 'new evidence', etc.)

  Kristine Dorrain-NAF:Yes, but lots of those get denied under Res Judicata.

  Kathy Kleiman:res judicata makes sense...

  George Kirikos:255 cases on NAF's website.

  George Kirikos:Scroll up for the link.

  George Kirikos:Usually 4,000+ UDRPs/year (2K each for NAF/WIPO).

  Kathy Kleiman:Very useful session - tx you!

  Mary Wong:Yes, thank you Kristine and Jim!

  Paul Tattersfield:Thank you Kristine very helpful today

  Val S:Thanks Phil, Kristine, and all!

  Petter Rindforth:Yes, we still wait for their real response

  Mary Wong:The IPC and ISPCP responses are posted to the WG wiki.

  Mary Wong:We'll follow up with the remaining SG/Cs and the GAC Secretariat.

  Jay Chapman:Thanks, all!  Good day

  George Kirikos:Bye everyone. Have a nice day.

  Paul Tattersfield:Thanks all, bye

  Mary Wong:Thanks phil and everyone!