[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Legal Expert Candidates

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Wed Sep 2 23:46:59 UTC 2015

Paul,

As the process remains in the selection phase, contractual negotiation have
not yet begun and it would be I think problematic to have ICANN¹s budget for
this exercise called out on a public email list. While I understand that the
$, $$, $$$ indicators are not as helpful as the actual amounts, I had hoped
that they would provide enough information to understand which of the
candidates fit within budget and which surpass the budgeted amount. If you
could help us understand how the actual amounts might aid the WG members¹
decision-making process, hopefully we can find a way to still provide
helpful information. For instance, perhaps you need to know how much in
excess of the budget any candidates with the $$$ are, in the event that the
WG determines one of those candidates to be by far the most qualified to do
the work?

Best,
Steve