[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] PLEASE READ: Co-Chairs' proposal for moving forward to determining consensus

Corwin, Philip pcorwin at verisign.com
Mon Dec 18 19:39:56 UTC 2017

Paul:

Speaking personally, I am puzzled by your reference to “another rights protection mechanism for IGOs”. I know of no such proposal being contemplated. Option C for Recommendation 3, which is the only UDRP policy modification that has been contemplated, would assure that a domain registrant gets a hearing on the basis of national law, albeit in an arbitration forum, if the IGO succeeds in its judicial immunity claim.

I have viewed that as a new protection for registrants, not IGOs, as in that scenario under current UDRP policy the stay on the UDRP decision would be lifted and the domain would be transferred or extinguished.

Best, Philip

Philip S. Corwin

Policy Counsel

VeriSign, Inc.