[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] PLEASE READ: Co-Chairs' proposal for moving forward to determining consensus

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Mon Dec 18 19:47:40 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Corwin, Philip via Gnso-igo-ingo-crp
<gnso-igo-ingo-crp at icann.org> wrote:
> I have viewed that as a new protection for registrants, not IGOs, as in that
> scenario under current UDRP policy the stay on the UDRP decision would be
> lifted and the domain would be transferred or extinguished.

Where in our charter does it empower this PDP to develop "new
protections for registrants"? That statement above is further
demonstration that the quirks of process we've identified should be
properly referred to the RPM PDP (i.e. Zak's proposal), to take care
of the underlying causes of the quirks of process that impact
registrants, instead of attempting to create an unwanted and elaborate
arbitration process as a way to "fix" the underlying problems for
registrants.