[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Invitation to a call with the IGO-INGO Curative Rights Working Group co-chairs

Paul Keating paul at law.es
Fri Jan 12 19:06:37 UTC 2018

My 2 cents.

Respectfully, this bickering must stop and we need to focus on resolution.

The underlying dispute was the objection to the use of an anonymous poll.  The main objection (at least from my understanding) was the anonymous part which leads to inaccuracies and potential abuse.

What was supposed to be a constructive attempt to resolve the dispute informally became embroiled in procedural objections.   Instead of making an effort to resolve conflict by listening to the objections involved in the appeal, the substantive discussion was aborted so a “record” could be created.

The result was a continued delay of the matter.

Of course this also means that the WG CONTINUES TO BE STALLED.  Why the process must be stalled because of the insistence to use anonymous polling is rather confusing to me.  It would appear that time is better spent actually moving forward and seeking to determine consensus in an open and transparent manner.

As said, my 2 cents.

Paul Keating

Sent from my iPad