[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Is the INGO Identifier List subject to revisions?

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Jan 24 12:33:04 UTC 2018

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:41 AM, Paul Tattersfield <gpmgroup at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it also demonstrates how bad policy can evolve out of trying to
> create quick fix solutions only perceived as necessary as a result of other
> unrelated flawed approaches.
>
> Not good – someone should have been on top of this.

Only 4 comments were made during the public comment period (including
one by me):

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-igo-ingo-protection-17may17/2017q3/date.html
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/comments-igo-ingo-protection-17may17/2017q3/000000.html

I did point out that generic terms such as "Rare" and "Mosaic" were on
the draft list and said:

"ICANN should consult with the GNSO *and* the public before adding
additional names to the list, to ensure that shorter domain names that
have multiple competing uses (e.g. generic dictionary words, acronyms,
etc.) are not added to the list."

but the implementation working group ignored that input.