[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Is the INGO Identifier List subject to revisions?

Corwin, Philip pcorwin at verisign.com
Wed Jan 24 23:20:25 UTC 2018

Permanent protections for INGOs is completely outside the scope of our Charter, especially since it was amended to remove CRP for INGOs.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 24, 2018, at 5:25 PM, Petter Rindforth <petter.rindforth at fenixlegal.eu<mailto:petter.rindforth at fenixlegal.eu>> wrote:

 ...and of course I meant:

"also want to remind you all that when it comes to the identification of IGO’s for the IRT Principles..."

I don't see a need for our WG to work with identification of INGO's, and for IGO's we have already our own suggestion.

Best,
Petter

--
Petter Rindforth, LL M

[cid:49D61470-C55F-44F0-AA45-8F4196542C10]
Fenix Legal KB
Stureplan 4c, 4tr
114 35 Stockholm
Sweden
Fax: +46(0)8-4631010
Direct phone: +46(0)702-369360
E-mail: petter.rindforth at fenixlegal.eu<mailto:petter.rindforth at fenixlegal.eu>
http://www.fenixlegal.eu

NOTICE
This e-mail message is intended solely for the individual or individuals to whom it is addressed. It may contain confidential attorney-client privileged information and attorney work product. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are requested not to read, copy or distribute it or any of the information it contains. Please delete it immediately and notify us by return e-mail.
Fenix Legal KB, Sweden, http://www.fenixlegal.eu
Thank you

I read the question and topic more as to get an updated information on what ECOSOC does in order to keep the list updated (for use by ICANN, etc), and how often that is made even without any specified inputs from INGO’s. As this is more as a practical question on the ongoing and decided procedure, I am happy to check that out and return to you with information – if not Mary has those details already and easy to find.

I also want to remind you all that when it comes to the identification of INGO’s for the IRT Principles, I have pointed out at an early stage for the Team that the reference to the GAC list shall not be considered as a guidance also for our WG, as we have at an early stage found that when it comes to domain name disputes, IGO’s need to be identified in a more internationally legally accepted way.

Best,
Petter