[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] IGO-INGO; How to finalize our work and identify level of consensus

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Fri Jun 15 08:58:47 UTC 2018

Hi Petter,

consensus levels, and in line with my own previous independent analysis:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQgB2sY5AgaBZUHsHJJPLIsAwTFj-0i3FsammN5q-iD1QCQ_EMBC8LTzZ30TGvrf6Fw_mUvlnHa9DV9/pubhtml

Rec #1: You say: Full Consensus: I agree (although we do have full
consensus re: IGOs too, about no creation of entirely separate dispute
resolution process, and I do think that should be made 100% clear via a
recommendation somewhere, instead of relying only on inner explanatory
text, to ensure that it's not brought up by IGOs 5 or 10 years from now, in
yet another PDP)

Rec #2 You say: No Consensus/Divergence: I agree (once the modified text is
put in)

Rec #3: You say: Consensus: I agree

Rec #4: You say: Strong Support but Significant Opposition: I agree

RECOMMENDATION #5

(i) Option #1: You say Consensus *or* Strong Support But Significant
Opposition: I would make it "Consensus". I am for Option #1 as the strong
preference over Option #4

(ii) Option #2: You say No Consensus/Divergence: I agree

(iii) Option #3: You say Minority View/Consensus Against: I agree

(iv) Option #4: You say No Consensus or Strong Support but Significant
Opposition: the level of support was measurably less than Option #1, and my
strong preference is for Option #1. If need be, I can just remove my
support for Option #4 (as I'm sure others might do the same), to drop
Option #4 down further, if that would help clarify the 2 options, since we
should just make a clear choice (amongst the options that are mutually
exclusive).

(v) Option #5: You say No Consensus/Divergence: I agree

(vi) Option #6: You say Strong Support but Significant Opposition: I
disagree, as I had this as "No Consensus/Divergence" (see the spreadsheet I
prepared); results might be different, though, if it was split out as a
separate recommendation *only* about mediation (without the linkage back to
Option #1 that is implicit in it)

By the way, there was no invitation sent out for a call next week (which
had been mentioned during our call on Tuesday). Was that still planned? If
so, it would be nice to get the invite as early as possible (to plan out
personal schedules for next week).