[gnso-irtpd] MP3 : IRTP D meeting - Monday 23 September 2013

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Mon Sep 23 17:20:38 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group meeting is scheduled for next Monday 23 September 2013 at 1500 UTC.

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on Monday 23 September 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20130923-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>sep

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:
http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Paul Diaz - RySG
Kristine Dorrain - NAF
Angie Graves - CBUC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC
Bartlett Morgan - NCUC
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Mikey O'Connor - ISPCP

Apologies:
Bob Mountain - RrSG
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Volker Greimann - RrSG

ICANN staff:
Lars Hoffmann
Marika Konings
Glen De Saint Géry

Mailing list archives:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Glen de Saint Géry

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 23 September 2013:

Lars Hoffmann:Welcome ot the IRTP Part D PDP Working Group, Monday 23 September 2013

  Mike O'Connor:dang!  my computer audio isn't allowed again...  rats.  dialing in.  be there soon.

  Paul Diaz (Public Interest Registry):Hello, all.  I'm covering for Barbara this week, but will be multi-tasking/distracted.  Please don't sign me up for new responsibilities and/or ask any detailed Registry-focused questions ;-)

  Kristine Dorrain:I'm having a hard time getting audio.  Be back in a few...

  Angie Graves:OK for me to stay on, as observer?

  Angie Graves:If not, I'm glad to drop.

  Mike O'Connor:Kristine -- the audio's broken.  i had to dial in

  Mike O'Connor:here's the bridge number -- 866-692-5726  code is IRTP

  Mike O'Connor:i healed itself!

  Kristine Dorrain:ah...

  Mike O'Connor:weird.

  Chris Chaplow:Aplogies to join late, was on another call

  Bartlett Morgan:apologies as well

  Chris Chaplow:For clarity - is this a new branch to the other document that Lars sent to the list?

  Lars Hoffmann:@chris - no, mikey has started no a clean sheet.

  Lars Hoffmann:*on a clean sheet

  Chris Chaplow:Is 'comon law trademark very rare these days in UDRP?

  Kristine Dorrain:No, it's pretty common, but when the mark is common law, you need to show secondary meaning, which a  lot of registrants can't do.  Most of these cases we see are domainers who lost a somewhat valuable name.  They weren't actually running a business with it.

  Bartlett Morgan 2:Mike, your mic is a bit low

  Bartlett Morgan 2:yes

  Bladel:Sorry, Kevin.  We cannot hear you

  Mike O'Connor:here's the bridge number -- 866-692-5726  code is IRTP

  Kevin Erdman:Phone is not working either

  Kristine Dorrain:I can join Friday, or not.  Your call if you want to invite me, do so, if you guys want to have a go at it first, feel free.

  Kristine Dorrain:Thank you!