[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Actions/Discussion Notes: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­Track 4 ­ IDNs/Technical & Operations call

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Fri Jan 20 11:13:18 UTC 2017

Dear Sub Team Members,

Please see below the action items and discussion notes captured by staff from the meeting on 19 January.  These high-level notes are designed to help Work Track Sub Team members navigate through the content of the call and are not a substitute for the chat room or the recording.   See the chat room and recording on the meetings pages at: https://community.icann.org/display/NGSPP/Work+Track+4+Meetings.

Kind regards,
Emily

Agenda:
1.     Welcome
2.     SOIs
3.     Full WG update
4.     CC2 questions (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR_b6-jH2Wl5eVH-WWM/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR_b6-jH2Wl5eVH-WWM/edit>)
5.     WT4 schedule and planning until ICANN 58
6.     List of ongoing consensus calls and discussion themes
7.     AOB

Action Items:

ACTION ITEM: Rubens will send revised schedule to the WT

Notes:

2. SOIs

- No updates

3. Full WG update

- Our next meeting is on Monday 30 January at 15:00 UTC
- Full group is creating drafting teams, calls will go out at the end of the week
- Drafting teams will focus on categorization, rounds vs. other models for subsequent rounds, discussions coming out of WT2
- WTs are working on questions for CC2
- The plan is for CC2 to go out mid- to late- February

4. CC2 questions

- Working document for CC2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR_b6-jH2Wl5eVH-WWM/edit#<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR_b6-jH2Wl5eVH-WWM/edit>
- Regarding IDNs, we may want to consider adding a CC2 question about IDN variants
- Jeff Neuman suggested asking about experiences from those that have launched IDN TLDs and challenges they experienced
- Rubens was not sure if CC2 was the right place to ask for this input, but agreed it would be useful to have input on this issue